Sunday 24 February 2013

Lost clips & finish

Over the course of shooting we used more than one memory card to save the clips. But when they were uploaded into one folder some of the files that had the same name were overwritten, resulting in deleted clips, some of which were actually needed for the story/narrative. Disappointing but no use crying over spilt milk so I've managed to put together an edit without the missing clips. In the future I will remember to save each day of filming into SEPARATE folders.
That said, I've finished the edit but it was taking so long to convert to QuickTime that I had to leave the computer running over the weekend. When I get back on Monday, all I have to do is print off the finished EDL and maybe put the final edit onto disc and everything is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment